Ontario Renters Insurance

Renters need insurance too!

Renters (commonly called tenants insurance) gives you the peace of mind to know that your personal property is protected when you rent a house, condo or apartment. A landlord will usually carry insurance that protects the physical building, but this insurance does not cover your physical property. It is common for a landlord to require that you carry your own renters insurance prior to renting or leasing.

Tenants insurance protects more than just your personal items. It will also provide assistance for temporary housing and liability protection. Ontario renters insurance can help protect you in case of a liability lawsuit against you. This could occur in a situation where you are held responsible for:

  • Injury to another person
  • Damage to another person's property(whether the incident occurred within your rented residence or elsewhere)

What's covered in Ontario Renters Insurance?

There are many costs associated with having to replace all of your belongings. In a worst-case scenario, imagine that you came home tomorrow and your apartment had burned down. You will need to replace everything you own, furniture, clothing, housewares and more. Additionally, you will need to find somewhere to live while your apartment is being repaired or rebuilt.

Your tenants insurance policy will respond and help you with all of these expenses:

  • Personal property protection
  • Liability protection
  • Guest medical protection
  • Additional living expenses

Affordable Peace of Mind

Renters insurance is very affordable and the experts at St. Andrews Insurance Brokers will give you coverage and carrier options so that your tenants insurance package meets your needs and your budget.